Once upon a time, there was little girl who hated avocados. First of all, they were green and smooshy. They didn’t have much flavor and they were yucky! OK…that was a verrrrrry long time ago. Today, this little girl is all grown up and can’t imagine her life without this yummy green fruit! As long as avocados are in season, they are a staple in my home.
Did you know avocados originated in Mexico? And because of the region’s fertile volcanic soil, ideal climate and centuries of expert cultivation, Mexico remains the source of the world’s finest avocados! Only in Mexico do they naturally bloom four times a year. That means they’re always in season. And thanks to Avocados from Mexico we have access to these delicious avocados!
I wanted to share a recipe with you and I had a hard time deciding which one, but then I figured why not share my recipe for guacamole? It’s easy to make, the ingredients are fresh, and it goes with almost everything! In my home we put it on burgers, on steak and chicken, in salads, and of course with our favorite tortilla chips. Try this and you’re going to thank me!!
- 4 Medium-Sized Ripened Avocados
- 2 Small Lemons (for juice only)
- 1/2 Large Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 1 Large Tomato (chopped)
- 1 Garlic Clove (finely chopped)
- 1/4 Cup Cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1/2 of a Serrano Chile (finely chopped)
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Salt (Optional)
- Cut avocados in half and scoop out avocado w/seed into a bowl. Throw away peel. Using a fork gently dice avocados.
- Add onion, tomato, garlic, cilantro, chile, and lemon juice into bowl with avocado. When squeezing lemons make sure to take out the lemon seeds.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
- Mix well.
- Leave the avocado seed in the bowl, this will help keep the guacamole fresh.
- You’re ready to serve! This recipe should make about 4 cups.